Minuteman Food Mart “Minuteman Food Mart Hometown Holiday” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchasing a product will not increase your chances of winning.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 23, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 27, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), subject to entry period dates and dates outlined in the “ENTRY PERIODS” section of these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal permanent residents of North Carolina and South Carolina who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older and are a Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of Minuteman Food Mart (the “Sponsor”) and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, vendors, advertising/promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and the entities supplying the prize (collectively referred to herein as “Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is void outside of North Carolina and South Carolina and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law.
3. ENTRY PERIODS: There are a total of five (5) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”). Entry Periods will run as per the dates and times outlined in the chart below, all entries must be submitted during the specified Entry Period Dates to be eligible for that respective Entry Period drawing. For each Entry Period, Entry Period prize winners (each an “entry Period Prize Winner”) will be selected. There will be one (1) overall grand prize drawing at the end of the Sweepstakes Period to select two (2) grand prize winners (each a “Grand Prize Winner).
Entry Period Entry Period Date Drawing Date
1 11/23/2020 to 11/28/2020 11/30/2020
2 11/29/2020 to 12/5/2020 12/7/2020
3 12/6/2020 to 12/12/2020 12/14/2020
4 12/13/2020 to 12/19/2020 12/21/2020
5 12/20/2020 to 12/27/2020 12/28/2020
Entries from previous Entry Periods will carry over to subsequent Entry Periods.
3. TO ENTER: There are five (5) ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
- Entrant must be an active Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member. In order to become a Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member, visit www.hometownrewards.poweredbyzipline.com to complete the sign up form. It is free to become a Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member. Entrants who become a Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member during the Sweepstakes or are already enrolled as a Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member prior to the start of the Sweepstakes will receive one (1) entry into the respective Entry Period and subsequent Entry Periods.
- Entrant must be an active Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member or a Minuteman Food Mart Debit+Pay and Rewards member. To receive entries via purchase, scan your rewards member card or Debit+Pay card at the time of purchase in order to receive one (1) entry into the respsective Entry Period for each single transation. A qualifying purchase is defined as payment for merchandise or gas during a single transaction. All purchase entries must be received by close of business on the Entry Period date in order to be eligible for the respective Entry Period and any subsequent Entry Periods.
By becoming a Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member or Debit+Pay member, he/she agrees to the Terms and Conditions set forth by the Sponsor at www.hometownrewards.poweredbyzipline.com (the “Website).
Entrant will need to provide all of the required information as requested in order to become a Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member or Debit+Pay member. Sponsor is not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
- To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes without making a purchase, send an email to email@example.com, including your Minuteman Food Mart Rewards member # or telephone number associate with your rewards account, first name, last name, address, city, state, zip, date of birth, and email address. Be sure to include the following in the subject line of the email “Minuteman Food Mart Hometown Holiday Sweepstakes ENTRY PERIOD 1” if entering during Entry Period 1; make sure to change the Entry Period if entering a different Entry Period. See Entry Period Chart above for each Entry Period. Each email received that correctly follows the instructions outlined above during an Entry Period is considered one (1) entry into that respective Entry Period drawing. Entrant must submit separate emails in order to receive multiple entries within an Entry Period. Entrant may receive a total of twenty-five (25) entries via AMOE. In order to qualify as an entry, the eligible email must be received by 11:59 PM EST on the last date of the applicable Entry Period. Emails sent for Entry Periods that are yet to begin or Entry Periods that have ended will not be considered.
- In order to enter via Instagram™, you must be a registered Instagram™ user and your profile settings must be set to “public”. To become a registered user of Instagram™, create an account on Instagram at www.instagram.com. To enter, visit www.instagram.com/minuteman.foodmart and follow @minuteman.foodmart. Then, locate the Sweepstakes post to share the post in order to receive one (1) entry into the respective Entry Period and any subsequent Entry Periods based on the date in which the post was shared. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram™. You understand that you are supplying your information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram™.
Regardless of the method of entry, there is a limit of twenty-five (25) entries per Entrant per Entry Period. There is a limit of one hundred (100) entries per Entrant for the entire Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries for Entrants.
4. WINNING/ODDS: On or about the drawing dates outlined in the Entry Period chart in the “ENTRY PERIODS” section above, Entry Period Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted under the supervision of a Sponsor representative, whose decisions are based on their sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules, and are final and binding in all respects. A total of one (1) Entry Period Prize Winner will be selected per Entry Period. There will also be a drawing at the end of the Sweepstakes to select two (2) overall Grand Prize Winners. Odds of winning an Entry Period Prize depend on the total number of entries received for that Entry Period and any previous Entry Periods. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period.
Entry Period 1: One (1) Entry Period Prize Winner will receive a Monster gaming remote. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of this prize is $100.
Entry Period 2: One (1) Entry Period Prize Winner will receive a surf board. Total ARV of this prize is $250.
Entry Period 3: One (1) Entry Period Prize Winner will receive a Monster remote control truck. Total ARV of this prize is $80.
Entry Period 4: One (1) Entry Period Prize Winner will receive a Red Bull smart TV. Total ARV of this prize is $400.
Entry Period 5: One (1) Entry Period Prize Winner will receive a Pepsi grill. Total ARV of this prize is $150.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize of 10 gallons of gas per week for a full year. Total of 520 gallons of gas. Total ARV of this Grand Prize is $1,000. If the Grand Prize Winner of this Grand Prize is a Debit+Pay member, he/she will receive a credit to his/her Debit+Pay card. If the Grand Prize Winner does not have a Deit+Pay card, he/she will be able to open a Debit+Pay card or receive a fuel branded gift card based on his/her place of residence.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize of $5,000 cash (to be awarded in the form of a check) Total ARV of this Grand Prize is $5,000.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $6,980.
Names of prize manufacturers are used solely for the purpose of identification of the prize. No endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or approval by any prize manufacturer for this Sweepstakes is intended or implied.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) Entry Period Prize per Entrant/household for the Sweepstakes. All entries are eligible to win a Grand Prize. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Grand Prize of gas must be redeemed at a Minuteman Food Mart location. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of comparable or greater value if advertised prize should become unavailable. Prize winners are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Prize winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize he/she has received, including but not limited to any and all federal, state and local taxes. No more than the number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value at the time for which the prize is awarded will not be awarded. Any expenses related to the prize not expressly stated herein as part of the prize, including without limitation, any taxes, fees, gratuities, travel and personal expenses, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. There will be no substitution or cash redemption of the prize, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. GRAND PRIZE NOTIFICATION/CLAIM: Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified via e-mail or mail within two (2) business days of the drawing date (the “Notification”). In order to claim a Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize Winner must respond to the Notification within the time frame indicated by providing the Required Documents (as defined below) or the information requested in the Notification (the “Required Information). In the event that: (a) the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to respond to the Notification; (b) the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to supply the Required Documents or Information; (c) any Notification is returned as undeliverable; and/or (d) it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that the potential Grand Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
All Entry Period Prizes will be shipped their Entry Period Prize within 4-6 weeks from the drawing date. In the event that the Entry Period Prize is returned or it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that the potential Entry Period Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, such potential Entry Period Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Entry Period Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the respective Entry Period and any previous Entry Periods.
Except where prohibited, a potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to the Independent Administrator an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release (the “Release”) and IRS form W-9 in order to claim the Grand Prize (collectively, the “Required Documents”) within the time frame indicated in the Notification. If the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Required Documents within the required time period, the potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Grand Prize is taxable as income and each Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state, and local taxes. The Sponsor must report the value of the Grand Prize to the IRS in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize Winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize Winner and the IRS in the form of a Form 1099. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that a potential Grand Prize Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor (or any party acting on its behalf) to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and another potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. GENERAL: All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, if applicable. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: [a] to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including liability for personal injury or death resulting from his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of the prize; and [c] if a prize winner, to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor and Sponsor’s subsidiaries and affiliates without further notice or compensation (unless prohibited by law) and, except where prohibited, to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible and shall not be liable for; [a] electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction; [b] unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; [c] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; or [d] limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, or Sponsor. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSISTIUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action will be posted on the Website. All federal, state and local regulations apply.
8. SPONSOR: Minuteman Food Mart, 1050 W New Bern Rd, Kinston, NC 28504.
9. WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To receive the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped (business size) envelope to: “Minuteman Food Mart Holiday” Sweepstakes Winners List Request, PO Box 458, Newark, NY 14513. Requests must be received by February 6, 2021.
10. OFFICIAL RULES: www.minutemanfoodmart.com/sweepstakes
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without written permission by Sponsor.